If you are looking for a healthy vegan recipe alternative to meat dishes, then you are at the right place. Here is a super meaty taste vegetarian and vegan recipe of seitan strips that you can make and use as a meat substitute for almost anything. You can add these seitan strips to stir-fries, vegetarian sandwiches, Chinese recipes, or just eat straight from the pot.
The combination of ingredients used to turn the plain seitan into a meaty-flavored substitute may sound a bit odd, but the tangy and full-bodied balsamic vinegar, salty soy sauce, and sweet barbecue sauce all combine for a meat-like flavor in this vegetarian and vegan seitan recipe.
- 1 pound seitan, sliced into strips or small chunks
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of water
- Be ready with all the ingredients.
- Sauté the sliced seitan in oil over medium-low heat until that is lightly browned on all sides. It may take about 5 minutes.
- Now add the soy sauce, stirring to coat the seitan well, then add barbecue sauce, balsamic vinegar, and a tablespoon or two of water. Now stir to mix well and coat seitan.
- It’s time to heat for 1 to 2 more minutes until water is completely absorbed and the seitan is fully cooked.
- Use your super meaty seitan strips to make barbecue-style sandwiches, add it to Vietnamese-style noodle soup, or, serve it with a side of collard greens and some mac and cheese for a Southern vegetarian feast!
Hope you liked the recipe. Try it at home and hope you will like this balanced diet.