When it comes to making healthy living a regular practice, but at the same time you want to enjoy the diet, then you should go for a fantastic vegan recipe like this. Vegan “Chicken” is seitan-based, perfectly flavored, and surprisingly easy to make. Meaty, chewy, and perfect for grilling, frying, or using anywhere you would like! It needs only 9 ingredients and a bowl.
This vegan chicken is prepared from vital wheat gluten aka seitan. As you may already know, Seitan is a vegan meat substitute that is nothing like tofu. It’s very chewy, meaty, high in protein and above all very versatile. It can be flavored in a variety of ways, and this particular recipe mimics chicken dishes.
While you can sometimes find seitan to buy at the store, it can be very expensive as well. The homemade dish tastes much better and it is so easy to make!
Just Grill it, sauté it in a little vegan butter, and add a splash of fresh lemon juice, or slice and use it in stir-fries, curries, and more!
Steps to make it:
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl: vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Now stir.
- Pour in the broth (either vegan chicken flavoror vegetable is fine) and olive oil (2 tbs).
- Stir well enough until it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Now place the dough on a lightly floured surface, and knead for just a minute, but not too long, until it comes together. It’s time to break that into 6 pieces and press gently into circles or similar shapes.
- Wrap each piece in foil. Place all of them in a steamer basket and steam for 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the foil. Now you can fry, grill, or slice and eat!
It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for about 1 week, and the cooked pieces can also be frozen for 3 months. Your balanced diet is ready.